Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Election Is Over!


Well, the election is over and I am glad. I am not so excited about the outcome, although I do understand the historical significance of this election. I was not really a Obama or McCain supporter, although I was closer to red than blue. When I watched the speechs last night and the reaction by the public, I don't mind telling you I was touched. But now the rhetoric is over and the job of fixing the nation needs to start. I am worried about some of Obama's ideas, especially about his economic plan. I hope he can make things better, not worse. I guess we'll see. I am trying to look on the bright side, reserved though it may be. I guess if he doesn't do a good job we'll just find someone else in 4 years. I'm glad I don't have to see anymore election ads on tv or hear them on the radio. It is kinda fun to witness historical events.

1 comment:

jmholloway said...

I agree completely. I think it is very historically exciting, however, I am not sure that Obama was the right black man for the job. Oh well, the alternative wasn't hat exciting either. Are these twoguys the best our country can come up with? Sad, truly sad. You have expressed this nicely.

Mindi :)

I do fear for Dad's health now though ;)