Thursday, September 4, 2008

Back to School

I was so ready for school to finally start here, and then when it started I have been so busy I haven't posted any pictures. All the boys are in school for atleast part of the week now.Landon is at the Children's Kiva which is a montessouri preschool in town. The older boys went there in years past, so he has had no problem transitioning into preschool because he was already comfortable with the teachers and environment there. He is going 3 mornings in the middle of the week.
Kaleb is in first grade at Mesa Elementary which is where he went to kindergarten last year. He has the same teacher and he is loving being at school all day like a big kid. He has really grown in his reading over the summer and enjoys learning more of math too.
Cole is in morning kindergarten at Mesa, so he and Kaleb can walk to school together in the mornings. He is excited to go to the bigger school and to learn to read this year.

As for me, I am keeping busy with housekeeping, church activities, volunteering as soccer mom for Kaleb's team and volunteering in all three classrooms. Did I think I was going to have quiet time when the kids started school? I am also trying to workout every morning except Sunday, get a few more rooms painted in the house and keep my garden alive. I have enjoyed going to the rec center by myself the past three days and taking a shower without having kids banging on the door. Simple pleasures, I know.

2 comments:

jmholloway said...

They look so handsome on their first day of school. Who am I kidding, they always look handsome. You have some lady killers there. I miss you guys, when will we see you next?

Mindi :)

Nampa Gropp Gang said...

Hey! We just learned about Kiva's!! Cool!
You guys are so cute!!! Hope to see you again soon!

Geri