Saturday, August 16, 2008

New Adventure!

We have been going to our local outdoor pool a couple of time a week for the whole summer, but this week the older boys wanted to try something new. They asked me if they could jump off of the diving board. I wasn't sure if they were ready at first, but after they did it a couple of times and were able to jump in and swim to the side, I knew they would be okay.
Here is Kaleb pondering what jump he is going to do. And yes, I do feed this child, he is just naturally skinny.
Here is the jump (no diving yet) he decided to do. He can also do flips and turns now, although on his flips he usually lands on his back which hurts. He still has to practice that one.
Cole is my dare devil and it was his idea to jump off the diving board first. He does dives and flips and spends most of his time on the diving board or jumping off the side of the pool into the deep end.
I wasn't quick enough to get a picture of Cole jumping, only his feet entering the water. He is a little fish, and I hope we can put him on the swim team next year.

3 comments:

Audrey said...

You're kids are getting so big! Are you sure you feed them?

Steven & Adrienne said...

Wow, that is impressive. My kids are big scaredy cats in the water. You guys always seem to have so much fun!!!

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

It is hilarious that you made the comment about feeding Kaleb because just before I read that sentence I was looking at the picture and thinking to myself "man he is skinny, does Julie feed this kid??"! LOL!! All of your boys are so handsome, you are one lucky Mama!!!