Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Is it time for school yet?

I love the summertime- going to the pool, camping, vacations and warm weather. That being said, I am ready for school to start and fall to begin. I love fall because of the changing colors outside and cooler weather. And I know most of you think I am a bad mom because my kids drive me crazy, but I am so ready for school to start. Here in Colorado they went back to starting school after Labor Day, so our first day is on September 2nd. Kaleb will be in first grade, Cole in kindergarten, and Landon in preschool. I know this seems selfish, but I will have 4 hours 3 days a week without any kids. I am sooooo looking forward to it. I can go workout at the rec center without paying child care, go to the grocery store by myself and maybe even keep the house clean. But the biggest thing is that I won't have to hear my kids fighting. I will enjoy the silence. I respect those of you who home school, but I know my limits and I know I need some quiet time too. 3 more weeks until a little peace and quiet!

4 comments:

Janelle said...

You're not a bad mom - hey, I feel that way now and Tori is only 2!!!! And, I'm just getting started with having more kids. I think I just value the quiteness and my personal time a lot. But I do love my kid!

On Our List said...

Good for you for being honest. I think its great that you know your limits and admit you need a break. Thats why I love you because you are honest. :) Too bad the boys don't start next Monday like my kids then you could have free time sooner. :)

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

LOL! I am positive you are Not the only one who feels that way! Hang in there! I have one boy and he is a handful...I can only imagine the trouble three of them could get into!

Audrey said...

Who gets tired of there kids? Not me... :) Just hang in there, you can make it!