Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lessons Learned

It seemed strange yesterday to not be taking pictures and writing things down like I did last week. It took some time to do these things, but I am glad I did. I learned several lessons from this activity. First, I do get lots of things accomplished during the week, but usually they are things that get undone almost as soon as I do them (like cleaning, laundry, dinner). Second, it made me slow down and appreciate the little things going on around me (like the kids catching bugs outside or playing nicely together). Lastly, I learned that I had better appreciate what is going on in this time of my life now because I may look back in 5 years and wonder how they grew up so fast ("you're gonna miss this"). I will make a scrapbook for this project, but since most of you won't see that part, just know that I enjoyed the process.

3 comments:

Emma said...

I sure enjoyed all the pictures and a got a glimpse of your daily life. I don't know that I'd tackle a project like that just yet, but maybe later.

Steven & Adrienne said...

Thanks for sharing your daily tasks, I like this idea as a project, maybe I will have to try something like that. It made for interesting reading to see what your family did each day.

The Sabins said...

This is such a GREAT idea - and I loved the pictures and even the 'boring' things. Wow - you sure got a lot done!! I really want to try this.