Thursday, February 27, 2014

Hawaii-Pearl Harbor

Our first tourist spot in Oahu (that's where we spent all of our time in Hawaii) was Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona Memorial. I was really excited about the place and all the history there.



They have a great museum and video about WWII and our efforts in it. Then we took a ferry out to the USS Arizona. It was a very peaceful, reverent place.










I thought the ceiling in the monument was so cool.

I wasn't able to get all the names on the wall because I couldn't scoot back enough with my camera, but here are a few.






There is still oil coming out of the ship into the harbor after all of these years.










(phone pic) us on shore.


The view from the shore.


Some fun, pretty flowers on shore.

Chris and Olga after the tour. 

I really enjoyed visiting the USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor. It makes me want to watch the movie again after being there.



No comments: