Saturday, March 21, 2009

Our Las Vegas Getaway!

We took a wonderful trip to Las Vegas this week for 3 days/2 nights. Grandpa and Ann watched the kids.

Here is the famous sign that we hiked forever to get a picture of.
This is the view from our hotel room. We stayed at the New York, New York because Kyle won the trip on the radio. It included two nights at the hotel, Cirque de Soleil tickets, free dinner at an Irish pub, night club passes and a spa pass. We got so busy, we didn't go to the night club or spa.

Here are some pics of the strip at night. I liked the sign at the Flamingo.

I loved how the Eiffel Tower was lit up. I took this pic while we waited to watch the fountians at the Bellagio across the street.

Here is the roller coaster that goes around our hotel. We rode it once, but my eyes were closed so I didn't get a very good view. I'm not crazy about roller coasters anymore.

Here are the lions at the MGM. They were cool.

Here is the other lion.

Here is our hotel: the New York, New York. It was huge with a statue of liberty, brooklyn bridge, the new york skyline and cool shops and restaurants inside.

Here is me with our hotel in the background.

Here is the back of the Vegas Sign. We walked so much in two days, we were worn out.

Here is the Las Vegas LDS Temple. It was huge and gorgeous. We had wonderful weather the whole time which made for great pictures.
Some of the things we did that weren't in the pictures:
Mystere (Cirque do Soleil) at Treasure Island
Titanic Exhibit at the Luxor hotel.
Shopping at the Fashion Show Mall.
We had a great time.




2 comments:

Britt said...

What a fun trip! I'm glad that you could get away. You deserve it!

Janelle said...

Lucky! That is so awesome that he won a thing on the radio. I've never won anything that big! I guess that makes up for your less-than-romantic anniversary at McDonalds with us last summer!