Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinckley Died Yesterday


As you all know, President Hinckley died yesterday at the age of 97. Although that is a long time to live, I was still suprised at the news. He is really the only Church president I feel like I have gotten to know. I was baptized at the age of 16 in 1993. Ezra Taft Benson was prophet for a short time and then Howard W Hunter for a short time too. I attended two conferences in Texas where I was in the same room with President Hinckley and in the Lubbock temple dedication with him also. He was just an amazing person with an amazing spirit. Although I am sad at his passing, I am glad that he will be able to be with his wife Marjorie again who died almost 4 years ago. I look forward to the announcement of the new president soon.

1 comment:

Janelle said...

I remember that conference at the Astrodome - didn't we go to that together? I was just telling Stephen about that the other night when we found out he died. We are planning on going to the viewing tomorrow in SLC. It's bittersweet - just like any death. I'm sure he is glad to be back with his sweet wife!