Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter on the farm

Like I said earlier, we spent Easter afternoon on the Derrick farm. They fed us a wonderful meal, we had an Easter egg hunt, and we played games around the farm.Yes, that is Cole with a bb gun. Scary, right? He loves it though and he is pretty good.
They had some baby chicks and ducks that the kids liked to play with. Landon just needs to work on his "gentle" touch, because he was squeezing them too hard.
Yes, that's me shooting a shotgun. I tried the bb gun first and did pretty well, but I don't like the shotgun because of the kick back. I didn't hit any skeet. I guess I'm still a city girl.
The boys shot bows and arrows into a big hay pile. Here is Kaleb, working on his aim.
Out in the pasture, they had three new baby cows, including this grey one that was really cute. Cory's dog Zoey had puppies too, so there were lots of little ones around the farm. It must be springtime!

1 comment:

On Our List said...

How fun that you got to spend Easter on the farm. I love the pictures of the cow, it reminds me of home. Don't worry about your aim with the gun...I am still a terrible shot with a gun even though my dad spent most of my childhood teaching me. Your boys are so cute!!! Thanks for posting pictures of them and the fun they had on Easter.
Love,
Sharon