Saturday, June 7, 2008

Twilight

Well, I finally broke down and read Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. I kept hearing how wonderful it was from so many people, so I wanted to see what the fuss was all about. When they told me it was about vampires, I was hesitant. But I figured I really like Harry Potter and that was about magic, so I can't rule it out just for that. So I read it and . . . it was pretty good. I don't know if it was worth all the hype, but I enjoyed it. Maybe you have to read the others to really think it is great, so I will read the others since I already bought them. I want to love them, and I hope I do. I look forward to finishing the series and watching the movie. Please don't write me hate mail yet, let me finish the books first.

3 comments:

On Our List said...

Julie,

I hated Twilight when I first read it. It took me 6 months to read the second book but then I was hooked. I then went and reread Twilight and love it. Now I am one of those pathetic woman who is totally obsessed with the series. Keep reading, I think you will like it.

Love,
Sharon

The Sabins said...

You've been bitten! I thought the series was very fun to read. Not a great book or fantastic writing but overall very enjoyable. Good for you! Hope you enjoy the rest...

jmholloway said...

I have been tempted for a while, but haven't read them yet. Mom decided to buy them and I think she has started them now. I will probably borrow them from her. I hope you enjoy them.

Mindi :)